Altzheimers? The Dreaded Diagnosis
Except I'm not buying it, at least not at the present. It would be way too scary for me to deal with especially after recently reading an old post from a fellow blogger about her experiences with her Mom. I read this some time ago and it brought me to tears and today I read it again just to refresh my memory.
This is not my mother, at least not yet. The only memories she has lost are short term, in other words, she remembers all of yesterday and beyond but can't remember that I was there for lunch or what she at. I think with some work I can get mind working again. I still think it was the drugs that did it because this kind of stuff doesn't just come on suddenly. Last week she was hallucinating and this week she's not. The difference is that last week she was given Digoxin and this week they stopped it. I live in hope that all will be well.
Her heart has been stabilized for the time being and she is now on the wait list for a rehab hospital where they will do their best to get her walking again. She did walk maybe 40 feet today with a walker so that's a start. Once the legs are working again I will bring her home. That's the plan... now maybe I can do some more knitting and the grand baby better get here soon. It's now officially 8 days late, come on guys.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home