The View From Here

Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Favourite Blogger Calls It Quits

Forced out by fear and the Egyptian State Security Agents lurking, the Sandmonkey has called it quits. I'm very sad because he has given me an insight into life and politics in the middle east from his perspective. I didn't always agree with him but in light of the fact that another blogger has been jailed in Egypt I can understand.

This is his last post, may he return some day when he feels safe. So to all of us who think that we are anonymous and safe, maybe we aren't?

Another blogger I read is Baghdad Burning. She hasn't posted for a while and I always worry about her safety. I don't know anything about her except she's a young female and her story is from the perspective of living in an occupied land. She and her family are now leaving Baghdad and I wish them every success. I cannot imagine leaving my country, home and life behind. I was just seven years old when my parents did the same, albeit not as refugees but as immigrants. They too left most of their old life, possessions, parents and friends behind to start a new life in Canada. It was not an easy beginning for them or me in 1956 and I hope that it will be easier for Baghdad Burning.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

Rositta, Baghdad Burning posted something on April 26, did you see that? I'm not sure if it's really her, I guess you would know best.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I read her last post, I have a feeling it might be her last for a while as they are preparing to escape Baghdad for another country. I hope she will continue blogging but I have my doubts.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

Ros ... I too am a reader of Baghdad Burning and wish her well in her travels, but today I'm writing in reply to your comment on the Man in the fading suit post ... Thank you for your thoughts and I share them ... There was a great deal more I could have said in my post but didn't. This man resonates in my life on many levels ... more than I care to blog about.

Thank you again for reading and commenting ...

Richard

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home