The View From Here

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Has My Flickr Account Been Hijacked?

I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning since I have to run off to the dentist and then to the cemetery. I is my late Mother's birthday today so I want to visit even though it is a cold, dreary and rainy day here in T-Dot. But I do have an update on the Flickr and Ravelry issue and I'm glad to report that I got an email from a volunteer at Ravelry to helped me put things right. I haven't heard from Flickr yet but I have reported the site as objectionable. Hopefully they do something about it. I'm also taking the laptop in for some maintenance this week so I'll have my computer geek check it out a little further...ciao


I had the most bizarre experience today. I belong to an on line knitting group called Ravelry. This is a place where I interact with other knitters and show my work in progress and finished projects.

Today when I tried to upload some photos I was told I couldn't and when I checked my profile settings to make sure they were correct the weirdest thing happened. When I clicked on my Flickr user name I was brought to a page of the most disgusting Nazi images.

I tried changing my on screen name in both Flickr and Ravelry but neither worked. Now I've sent email to both services asking for advice. Since I'm a bit of a computer dummy I'm really not sure what to do next. Any advice out there, I really hate the idea that I'm somehow linked to this other photo site?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kahshe Cottager said...

That is really strange Rositta. I use Flickr as well and will be very interested in hearing what the outcome and explanation are.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend despite the grey skies!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your account has been hacked. You did the right thing to contact the two sites. Let us know how they respond. It is helpful to know, in case this happens to anyone else.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

Wow..I used to use Flickr, but deleted my account some time back. I love the site. I don't know what to do other than what you've done. Sick, to think those disgusting images are still out there at all!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home