The View From Here

Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Sign Of Global Warming?

Maybe it's a sign or maybe the plant is just as crazy as I am. This is of course a Christmas Cactus that didn't bloom for Christmas. It was in full bloom when we returned from Greece at the end of October of last year and it's blooming again now, in January... It will be in full bloom in another week, it is full of buds.


This is a new Orchid that I rescued from a grocery store last week for just under five bucks. It looked really sad, was incredibly droopy so I really had no choice but to bring it home. This week after a little trimming, watering and a few kind words it looks really great. Yup, I talk to my plants, like I said, I'm crazy.

Now back to my knitting...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Gorgeous plants! Did you see the guy on the news that had a 70 year old Christmas Cactus? It was huge!! It was his grandmother's and he was at least in his 80's.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Lisa, no I didn't see that. This cactus has been around for about 20 years and has never bloomed at Christmas time. It will bloom again in March for my b-day, does the same every year...

10:21 AM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

they are lovely!

smiles, bee

2:24 PM  
Blogger Kahshe Cottager said...

They are so pretty. I don't do well with houseplants - wrong exposure and dogs!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home