The View From Here

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Look What's Happening In My "Hood" Today

A full two weeks since the big blizzard that dumped 30 cm of snow on us the city finally got around to doing this... not that I'm not grateful. They sent out the big guns in this neighbourhood to eat up the snow. This guy was followed by about 6 trucks to carry the snow away.



This guy saw me taking pictures, rolled down his window and waved at me.

Of course the next big storm is just around the corner.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

Here in Boston we are supposed to get 4-9 inches tomorrow. And I thought winter was over. What a snowy time we've had.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi rhea, we have a few more weeks of winter left. The snow they cleared today was almost 70 cm piles just from February. Boston gets an early spring, at least that's what I heard...ciao

7:41 PM  
Blogger ipanema said...

time to clean up huh? at least he waved.:)

2:01 AM  
Blogger CaliGirl said...

wow....and here i complain it takes them just a couple days to do that here. but when they do i still have a stupid roll at the end of my drive. grrrr.

so how far are you from downtown? me and hubby might be in town at the end of march for a quick weekend thing.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Caligirl, were about half hour from the city centre, email me for more info when your heading our way...

9:37 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi ipanema, yes just after he waved they blocked my driveway with a big pile and I couldn't get out for a couple of hours, he he...

9:48 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

wow, you did get alot of snow. We haev been lucky, the big ones this year have been just missing us. Either going just a little N. or W.

2:14 AM  
Blogger melusina said...

Ok, I am totally impressed with your very neat driveway and sidewalk clearing!!!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I wasn't exaggerating Cathy, we had 70 cm over a 8 day period.
Hi Melusina, my sweetie is real good at keeping the driveway clean, thank goodness...

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home