The View From Here

Thursday, February 28, 2008

When In Rome...

Do as the Romans do, seems logical right? Those of us who have travelled to or live in foreign lands fully expect to follow the laws of that country, or do they? Maybe they expect the country to change the laws for them.

Well yes, maybe, if you live in Canada you have a heck of a chance of getting the laws changed. Just cry "charter rights" and away you go. Here is an interesting take on the subject from an interesting columnist who also happens to be a visible minority and an immigrant. I don't always agree with him but he is an interesting read and this time I agree with him.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Spicy said...

Hear..hear....INNOCENT MADAWO writes exactly what I think and feel.
I wonder how fast that person would sue if someone hit him riding without a helmet and he crashed? If he ended up paralyzed because of not wearing a helmet..I bet he would be fast to sue for a disability check..or would he be willing to sign a waiver?

11:19 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

That's the problem isn't it, here in Canada we pay for his health care and disability if he gets hurt. He says he would sign a waiver but we all know that it's not worth the paper it's printed on in the end....

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home