The View From Here

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mount Indefatigable


This is my goal, to climb this mountain, this summer. Cool name right? Definition is as follows;

Incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued; tireless
Mount Indefatigable, here I come. Now I know that as far as mountains go it's not a particularly big one but for someone like me, who is out of shape, has one artificial hip with the other one so so, pretty bad knees it will be a feat. It was on the Bucket List of things I still want to do, that I wrote about when I turned 60 back in March.

Of course I am not doing it alone...my offspring has been conscripted to assist and two for sure, maybe all three of my grandsons will also come along. I have started training, no no..not with knitting, but real exercise with weights, albeit little ones so far and now that my two week period of recovery from my heart ablation surgery is over I will get myself some hiking boots and start walking.

Big name, big definition to live up to but what the heck, without big goals we are coasting and that I refuse to do...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow, good luck honey! i am rooting for you!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

8:56 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

You go girl. You sure have "heart." See what a good ticker will do? I hope you'll take lots of pictures of this adventure!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

that is a wonderful goal...good for you....I wish you much success...I know you can do it.....

9:57 PM  
Blogger x said...

good luck! you can do it. what a great idea.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

My offspring assures me it's really an easy climb. In the worst case, my grandsons can just pull me up, he he...

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's not an easy climb per se, but it is mostly gentle, and gives good bang for the buck in terms of views. Over 2650n m tall, and 1000+m elevation.

Here's a scramble guide to get you pysched.


Mt. Indefatigable

BTW, named after WW1 British battleships from the battle of Juttland, I believe.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Guess we'll take the "gentle" slope will we?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

Rositta, it's so great to see you've gotten through some of the things you've needed to. I can't wait to read as you check of the things on your list. You go girl!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Spicy said...

Good for you Rositta...you are one head-strong lady! If anyone can do it...its you! Take loads of pics for us sedentary people!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home