Will We All Starve?
As the cost of gasoline goes up and more and more farmers corn crops are going for bio fuels instead of food, the price of food also rises. Some stores are rationing rice in America, what will be next? I have personally noticed that flour has doubled in price and the cost of a loaf of bread has risen dramatically. From what I'm reading it can only get worse. Anybody else notice or am I too fixated on this.
I can still afford to buy a bag of flour and rice but some of the poorest people on earth will starve. There are riots in many countries around the globe and it may only get worse. Maybe we need to rethink ethanol, it may be causing more harm than good. Maybe I need to ask the offspring, he's a science kind of guy...





1 Comments:
I don't think you're too fixated on this issue. I think others are not taking it seriously enough.
All the forces of population growth, "peak oil", bio-fuels and a few bout of unfavourable weather around the world are combining to push food and fuel prices sharply up. As usual the poorest in the poorest countries will suffer the most as they already spend such a huge proportion of their income on food.
We have a possible foretaste of a world of fuel shortages in the UK as there is a refinery strike. Some people (mainly in Scotland which is most effected) are panic buying.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=561862&in_page_id=1770
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home