The View From Here

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Cardinals Are Back

It's not the best picture of the Northern Cardinal but it's pretty high up. The song of this bird is just wonderful and I could listen to it for hours. Sadly he hangs around only long enough to call his mate, then their off. He will come back though, he likes our tree. He's prettier than the female, unfair that don't you think.

Spring is definitely in the air...

Cardinal

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

That's a beautiful picture. I like the red cardinal against the greeny yellow buds on the tree.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Nice picture that! I love cardinals and blue jays. It's ok the males get the color. Did you see "The Planet Earth" episode with the bird of paradise. All the antics and romancing those poor boys go through just to get a chance at love with the plain jane of their species, touched me. If you haven't seen it all, you must- and start at the beginning. Very moving.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I particularly enjoy listening to birds singing at dawn, or at sunset. Everything's calmer around.
Pretty picture :)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home