The Socks Are In The Mail
Rowan Falar, I'm putting you on notice... by Thursday I hope to hear of your demise, he he he... Now I just have to hope that my Assassin is a slow knitter and I can knock your Assassin off too.
Doesn't look good for me though really, my target and I have been exchanging friendly emails and my Assassin has been dead silent. That can only mean two things; either she's dropped out of the game or she's keeping real quiet about how fast she can knit and her bomb is on the way.
Either way, it was an interesting experience and kept my mind thoroughly occupied during this past very difficult weekend and for that I'm grateful.
While I was busy knitting the world is crying for dead and injured people. America has had tornadoes, Myamar (Burma) that horrible typhoon and now China with a devastating earthquake. Thousands of people have died and are still dying in Burma while their government led by the army refuses to let the world in to help. It is definitely to cry for...





3 Comments:
What a contrast! The news are absolutely devastating. I don't think we're even close to the actual numbers of the disaster.
On the other hand, your socks challenge sounds like such great fun! I hope you win!!
After seeing how many people are dying, the sock challenge has lost it's lustre for me, so to speak. Killing someone with a pair of sock sounded like fun, but not any more...
Lately I haven't been watching the news or reading the newspaper. It is so sad just being here at CHEO watching the little tykes endure such pain and discomfort as they go through chemo and radiation and dialysis. Truly heart-breaking!
It's wonderful to hear the success stories though...when a child is cured or gets to go home healthy.
Right now I put the world on 'hold'....and I'm sure they don't even notice.
Enjoy your summer Rositta.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home