The View From Here

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Sock War Is Over - I'm Toast

But I did get a lovely pair of socks out of the deal. My Assassin did a lovely job and I think the one target that I eliminated is also happy. This was a one time experience only, not to be repeated and details and picture of the socks are on my knitting blog.

Meanwhile we spent the past weekend opening our little cabin in the woods for the summer and battled the rain, cold and black flies most of the weekend. I don't ever remember a Victoria Day long weekend so cold. Good thing we have a good supply of firewood. It was too cold to open the pottery studio, way too cold for clay.

I'm not sure we can go every weekend as in days of old since now the cost of gas makes it almost prohibitive. The town of Haliburton will become a casualty of high gas prices, the town was almost devoid of people this weekend unlike anything I have seen in 20 years.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

I noticed Sauble Beach wasn't as peppy either. I chalked it up to all the poor teenagers stuck in their tents all weekend, having to wear garbage bags as rain coats with arm and head holes poked out when they would emerge. Not fashion friendly.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Probably kept a lot of the teens out of trouble, well maybe not LOL...

7:41 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

LOL Rositta. I'd prefer they all be out in the open!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home