Fun And Relaxation!
Well not really...not with a cottage full of visitors to take care of. This is Nick with son Michael. Together they caught the biggest bass of the weekend. Michael is a cute little boy but as all children of divorce is incredibly clinging to Daddy and just about the only things out of his mouth most of the time was "daddeeee" and why. Daddy of course is right there to inquire what his little darling needs at that moment.
By Sunday night I'd have liked to toss him in the lake (just kidding). Am I loosing my patience in my old age? Good thing they spent most days out on the lake fishing. Even Steve, who is usually the most patient of men with children had a headache by the end of the day. Of course, he had him in the boat all day.
Meanwhile, I was cleaning out the studio. The mice had been quite active there in the years I haven't used it. Took me most of Saturday and half of Sunday to get things into reasonable shape and sort out all the clay materials. When I was finally ready to sit down at the wheel I realized that my tools were all back in the city.A little wine break was in order.

A quick phone call to my old teacher solved the problem. She loaned me a few things I needed to get going. Once I had my hands in the clay it all came back to me, like riding a bicycle, you never forget. I made a few mugs, a couple of bowls and called it a day.
I also forgot my tripod in the city so no pictures of me at the wheel. No one else was around to take a picture and I haven't trained the chipmunks to do it yet. Maybe by the end of the summer...
Labels: Holidays





10 Comments:
sounds wonderful at the wheel! i like to paint ceramics...
smiles, bee
xxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo
Chipmunks and mice? Sounds like a great time even with the youngster. I'm proud of your restraint. I'm sure the lake is to cold to dunk him in.
miss bee, I'm not an artist so mostly I just dip the fired pots in glazes and hope for the best.
rudee, yup my restraint was amazing, although the water was pretty warm.
I have to figure out a way to make the mice move out permanently...ciao
I am happy to hear that you both are at the cottage but I am jealous. I keep telling Nick that we need to come back up there because I want to go to the cottage. I know Steve wants him to visit too. Oh well, I'm gonna keep trying. Have a great summer with your potery and relaxing. Tell Steve hello. Dawn
That all sounds extremely pleasant and relaxing, munchkin notwithstanding. Enjoy.
you look relaxed in the photo rositta. hope things are well with you.
hugs :)
I love the pictures (both pictures). That little guy is sooo cute!
Hey Caligirl... I'm good, nice to hear from you.
Cathy, he's definitely cute and this year he actually talks to me. Tough being the child of divorce sometimes.
I'm heading back up soon to do more pots...
LOL, that was one of the funniest posts you've written. I consider you a patient person and Steve even more so; therefore, if you'd had your fill and entertained such thoughts, I seriously can't blame you. Cute does not cancel the annoying as I've found many times with my cousins and nephews. But I also know that brats can change with the proper discipline.
And training chipmunks to take photos. You have a mighty task on your hands, my friend. LOL
Kat, I've got the chipmunks to take peanuts from my hand but they haven't learned to hold the camera, I wasn't really going to toss him the lake but I sure felt like it...see you soon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home