My Worst Nightmare...
Came true for someone else last night. A woman backing out of her driveway ran her car over her Mother and killed her. The elderly woman was waiting at the end of the driveway and somehow slipped and fell as the daughter was backing up. The daughter is traumatized.
When I say this was my worst nightmare, it truly was. When I went anywhere with my Mom she would walk to the end of the driveway and wait for me to back up. After a couple of times I changed the system. I made her wait at the top of the driveway and after I'd finished backing out I'd go get her. She didn't like it, said it made her feel old, was a constant source of irritation for both of us but I stuck to my guns and insisted.
I'm glad I did, I would not wish to be the daughter in this story today. Always look, look and look again before backing up a car...you never really know what's there.
Labels: News





3 Comments:
Oh, that is horrible. The poor woman must be mortified.
Rositta, what a horrible thing. I'm so glad you made her change that whole thing! When I was a student nurse, I cared for a little boy in a full body cast, because that was the very thing that happened in his case. Luckily, he was not killed.
Yes, there were a few changes I made for her safety once she lived with us but she hated every minute of it, sad but true. Hopefully I won't be so stubborn when I get old...ciao
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home