The View From Here

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Time To Stay Put

I feel like I'm constantly on the move these days. Most of the summer was spent living out of suitcases while visiting various friends cottages and I haven't even finished unpacking from our two months in Greece. We've just come back from another four days at our friends cottage and I'm not packing to go anywhere for a while. I just want to stay home and sleep in my own bed for a while. I'm tired of traveling.

It was a picture perfect few days with bright blue skies, foggy nights and hoarfrost in the mornings. While my sweetie was plastering and tiling I was knitting and taking pictures. Oh yes, eating lots of good food and deserts provided by our hostess Liz.

November 11, 2009 027

November 11, 2009 014

November 11, 2009 010

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

Wow! THose are beautiful photographs.

I don't blame you for wanting to sleep in your own bed for a bit. Enjoy.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

I love your photos. Beautiful.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

And you know I'm not kidding about the beauty of those photos! I think the top and middle ones would look gorgeous enlarged, matted and framed. Just stunning.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thank you Rudee, I sometimes wonder what I could do with a "good" camera.
Chrysalis, it was even more beautiful than in the picture.
There are more on my Flickr site.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

Lead the way...:)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

These are lovely. My fav is the misty shoreline. And if what you have is working, then what a "good" camera will just get you more complications and confusion. You should take the learning curve into consideration not just the potential outcome.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

I forgot that your site might have the link for photos. I read you in my reader so didn't think of it until now. Sorry, Rositta.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks for visiting Deb, the shoreline was indeed beautiful. I think if I had a better camera I could have taken shots as it got a little darker when it was downright eerie...

5:45 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

oooooooooooooooh....I love your photos..I think I like the one with the frost on the wood best.

Welcome home.....travelling can be fun...but truly....there really is no place like home! I hope you had a lovely visit with your friends and now you can just do what you want to do in your own surroundings....

cheers!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Mary Anne, yes I'm looking forward to resting a bit before we travel again at Christmas...

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool....................................................................................................

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home