Travelling Time Again
I should be used to this by now you'd think with all the trips we've made in the last few years, but truthfully, it gets harder all the time. This is the third time within a year that I'm packing up to travel. Within this year we've been to California, to Calgary and now we are heading to Greece for two months. As usual there will be a side trip to Germany for me as my uncle is gravely ill and near the end of his life.
He is near and dear to my heart as he so resembled my late father in both looks and character. I love him dearly and hope he hangs in until I get there.
As usual, the luggage gives me grief as we are restricted to 50 pounds per person and anyone who knows me also knows that there are food items I can't live without that need to go in there. The questions is priorities.
This is Sunday, we leave Wednesday and thus far I'm not nearly done. The reason for my difficulty is that I am so tired. I had a health issue a few weeks back that required an emergency appendectomy from which I have not totally recovered. My doctor also suspects Crohns for which I will be tested when I return home. What we thought was inflammatory bowel might be far worse since no medicine seems to work. I have up on Methotrexate since it was causing me horrible side effects. The only side effect I could live with is the curly hair I got from it, weird that...
So, I'm trusting my weary, achy bod to the warm Mediterranean sun and sea and hope to come back home a new woman.
So that's as far as I've gotten, one down and one to go...ciao until later
He is near and dear to my heart as he so resembled my late father in both looks and character. I love him dearly and hope he hangs in until I get there.
As usual, the luggage gives me grief as we are restricted to 50 pounds per person and anyone who knows me also knows that there are food items I can't live without that need to go in there. The questions is priorities.
This is Sunday, we leave Wednesday and thus far I'm not nearly done. The reason for my difficulty is that I am so tired. I had a health issue a few weeks back that required an emergency appendectomy from which I have not totally recovered. My doctor also suspects Crohns for which I will be tested when I return home. What we thought was inflammatory bowel might be far worse since no medicine seems to work. I have up on Methotrexate since it was causing me horrible side effects. The only side effect I could live with is the curly hair I got from it, weird that...
So, I'm trusting my weary, achy bod to the warm Mediterranean sun and sea and hope to come back home a new woman.
So that's as far as I've gotten, one down and one to go...ciao until later





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home