The View From Here

Monday, November 11, 2013

Spinning

Early this year I bought a spinning wheel. I had been sitting looking at me waiting to be used. Every time I walked by it I could almost hear it whisper, use me, use me. Except I didn't know how. On line videos always make it look easy and I did try. I just didn't get anywhere.

Shortly before we left for Greece I had a lesson at my local yarn shop. It was not a good lesson. I don't know if it was the teacher or the fact that it was held in a dark basement that was the problem but I didn't want to go back there.

Finally after much deliberation I called the yarn shop to arrange another lesson. The person who gave me my first lesson was no longer available and the owner of the shop would teach me herself. I have to admit to feeling some relief at that news since I don't think we really clicked. Jen, agreed to teach me in the morning before the shop opened and definitely not in the basement. After four lessons here are the results. She is a wonderful and patient teacher who copes well with my frustrations. Kudos to her.



Some really pretty fleece from New Zealand half done.

 The while plied with pumpkin to give this, which will become...


Mittens for someone...

This is my first finished yarn and I'm thrilled. It's not perfect by any stretch and I have a lot to learn still but I am having fun. I spin every day for an hour or so and my blood pressure it completely normal again.  Later...

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna Paulson said...

Love the jewel tones in that fleece from N.Z.!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thank you for commenting. I have been doing a little more spinning to keep my fingers moving but now I'm getting ready for another trip to hospital. Seems I have a hernia that needs immediate repair. I won't be lugging that wheel around for a bit...ciao

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Marianna Paulson said...

I wish you well during your surgery. I do have some surgical tips on my Rhuemful of Tips site.

You're the second RA patient I've heard from who needs surgery for a hernia

2:07 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

My surgery date has been set for March 4th and I'm nervous. It's my second one within a year. Last May it was appendicitis which still has my gastro doc freaked. She says people my age rarely get that. I have a lot of gastro issues but I've been totally checked. I don't have crohns or celiac disease. It's a puzzle.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home