The View From Here

Sunday, July 06, 2014

It's Almost Time

We are less than a month away from our annual trip to Greece and Germany and I am in panic mode. After waiting four years on "wonder " surgeon's wait list for forefoot reconstruction surgery I got a call. There was a May 1 cancellation, did I want it. Of course I did, no question about it and the deed was done. I had joints removed from three toes plus some nerves work. I spent he first twelve day being permitted to walk five minute an hour. Then four more weeks of roughly ten minutes per hour with wires sticking out of three toes.


Had I known how difficult the recovery would be I'm not sure I would have tone through with it. The older you are the harder it is to recover and having rheumatoid arthritis and fybro just adds a mess to the mix.

So two months later, the toes are pretty but they are not quite functional yet.  I still can't put full weight on the foot and with less than a month to go I am getting worried.. Nevertheless we are committed to going, tickets bought and I must go to Germany to see my gravely ill uncle, probably for the last time. A short road trip through the Pfalz region and to France are also planned with my childhood friend Petra. She will then return to Greece with me for two weeks of fun and sun and a trip to an island just the two of us, probably Sifnos.

In September my son and family arrive. It is the start of their one year sabbatical from teaching and they will travel some of the world. We will miss them as a year is a long time to be away, especially our granddaughter Elliotte.

So that's the plan. As always I will be taking a ton of pictures and write about my adventures and misadventures...ciao



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home