The View From Here

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm Pretending Today Didn't Happen And Going To Bed!

If there ever was a day I could skip today would be it. It started pretty good actually, I didn't have a headache for a change and this was the day Mom was moving to rehab, so all in all it should have been a good day. The sun was shining and the sky was blue but oh boy, did it turn bad.

I came home from the hospital in early afternoon and started chatting with my housekeeper (and in case you think I'm spoiled, she only comes bi-weekly and I have arthritis), when all of a sudden she made a beeline for the basement and I heart her say "oh shit". Now Cecelia is a lovely Portuguese lady who never speaks that way so I knew we were in trouble. Yup, we were in big shit, she forgot the water tap open with the sink drain covered, and the entire basement (finished) was full of water.


I did what I always do so well when there is trouble, I phoned my husband, who fortunately for me was working across the street laying hardwood floor for a neighbour. He and his helper immediately came to the rescue, set up the wet vac and the grunge work began. Because we have had the basement flood twice before, caused by sewer backups thanks to our wonderful Norway Maple roots, (another story) we now have carpet tiles instead of wall to wall broadloom so we were able to bring them outside to dry.


Without thinking too much I hung them all on my wonderful telescopic clothesline and figured we were set, three days of sunny weather and all would be well. Yeh right. The blinking clothesline broke. Probably made in China.

After everything was done and we'd all had coffee, I was carrying two empty coffee cups and chatting on the phone at the same time, I tripped over a pair of shoes and trying to break my fall ended up hitting my foot against a piece of furniture. I iced it immediately to no avail, I'm still bruised, sore and hobbling. Every step hurts.


Definitely time to go to sleep and pretend today didn't happen.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliGirl said...

ouchie...hope your foot is better soon. like i always say (the pessimist that i am) ...if it isnt one thing after another.

hope your weekend is better.

big hugs coming your way.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home