What's With The Weather?
A little update; it's official, we broke the record for the most rain in June and July since they started keeping records back in 1937. We had 269.8 mm of rain the July's not over yet. For a video go here...
We are back from our little respite at the cabin Let's see, we left home in pouring rain, arrived at the cabin in pouring rain, it rained off and on for 6 days with some spectacular lightening to boot. It rained when we left to come home and it rained when we arrived home and it's still raining. It doesn't rain constantly mind you, there are period of time when it actually stops but they are far and few. When it actually stops for any length of time the temperature climbs and the humidity levels are off the charts. Oh, and the mosquito's come out and trust me, this year they are the size of a bat and very very hungry. Good thing they don't like me though...
This summer might go down as the soggiest on record. So far in June and July we have had 240 mm of rainfall. There have been a lot of flooded basements around town and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.
In between all the rain my sweetie did a little fishing and I did a little potting. Not as much as I'd have liked to mind you, I was having trouble getting the pots to dry with all the humidity. I can make lots of stuff in a relatively short period of time but I need the stuff to dry to a leather hard stage so I can trim bottoms and put on handles. If the stuff doesn't dry that can't happen. So I really had to plan how much finishing I could actually manage on my last day. As it was I had about six hours worth to do on Sunday and by the time I was done my back hurt. Guess I'm getting old, there was a time when I could work ten hour days.
Well, time to batten down the hatches...there's another storm coming in.





5 Comments:
My husband would love staying in a cabin and fishing. Sounds fun except for all the rain.
Humidity levels me. I look awful in it - frizzy hair and makeup slides off. :(
You do pottery? What Kind?
Oh I'm so sorry. I know how you were looking forward to the Summer (at least during past Winter) and now it's not very enjoyable. Still, it's a holiday, I'm sure you'll make the most of it.
Seaspray, click on flickr on the left side of my sidebar, click on photo stream and go down the list of albums, I think you have to ask for more albums until you find the pottery album. There are some older photos there, nothing current yet. I do mostly functional pieces with some odd whimsical stuff thrown in, whatever strikes me.
devil, yup we certainly have been looking forward to summer and your right, we do make the best of it. Kind of looking forward to Greece now though, gotta admit...ciao
I need proof. I need you to stand outside with a weather cam like reporters do in the middle of hurricanes here in the states. I was actually going to post about the weather but got sidetracked by a healthy, foul mouthed vent instead. Thank you for doing a weather report. I'd like you to consider adding video.....
BTW, it is gloriously cool here today! I actually felt a non-air conditioning induced chill today. Relief should be in your neighborhood soon.
Rudee, I think those reporters are nuts to do what they do just for ratings. I have absolutely no idea how to make a video but I suppose I should lean eh...ciao
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home