The View From Here

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Last Minute Rush

I suddenly found myself looking at the calendar and realizing that it's just a little more than a week until Christmas and I hadn't done a thing about it. Considering that I needed to come up with SIX neighbour gifts plus the personal stuff and had about a week left put me in panic mode. I also have to pack suitcases and figure out if we even have clothes that will serve us in -35C weather. Where the heck are those long johns...yes it is that cold there right now.

A week today we will be on a plane winging out west to Calgary for a couple of weeks in the "deep freeze" and I've ordered a Chinook. I just hope someones listening.

Meanwhile I'm did a little baking for the gift bags with more on schedule today.

So I turned this...



Into These...



And since I was at it I made these...



I'm going to spend the rest of the day baking...

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

Mmmmm. I'm hungry.

You know, we Americans take a whipping from you Canadians every year. I'm a bit weary of it all. You can keep your Alberta clippers and put them where the sun don't shine. Bwahahahaha. I can't believe you've summoned a Chinook. You are now likely to get the the exact opposite and for sure, it'll whip through Michigan like nobody's business. If however, you are a secret shaman and you can summon a Chinook, please send it my way. We are expecting 4 inches of white fluff tonight-all in time for me to drive to and from my patient's homes.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Yup, every time they predict an Alberta Clipper coming from out west we get the snow shovels ready. On the other hand, we rarely see -35 here in real temperature. We are getting the white stuff tonight too...ciao

3:15 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Wow, way to go on all the baking. I'm going to make some Vanillekipferl tomorrow too if I get around to it.

My mother says they are buried in snow in Vancouver which is pretty unusual. Hope you have a great time in Calgary!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh your baked goodies look so good. Love those banana breads. I also baked today but I did sugar cookies and snowballs (pecan sandies). We are having a bad weather night here as well. Snow, sleet and freezing rain. i think its gonna be a bad winter.

When you say Calgary do you mean right in Clagary? We use to go to Banff when we were younger and I LOVE it there. Haven't been for much to long now. We have friends who live in Okotoks but we haven't seen them now for years. We are now down to the sending back and forth of Christmas cards and a once a year phone call. Sad really. Have fun on your trip!

Word verification= pigdove..Ha, that's an interesting combination.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Christina, yup those vanillekippfer are my Mom's recipe and I make them every year. I hope your parents stay safe in Vancouver I did hear they an unusually high amount of snow already.
Your right Cathy, the winter is going to be bad. I'm hoping for at least decent weather on the 23rd and no canceled flights. We are staying right in downtown Calgary, the offspring has a house right on the Bow River. We go to Banff whenever we are in Calgary and will do so again this time. It is too beautiful to miss. That word verification is hilarious, I don't choose them, the computer must have a sense of humour...

9:21 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Nice work! Those look lovely!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks Kelli, your home made Christmas gifts aren't too shabby either...

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home