The View From Here

Thursday, September 03, 2009

We Have Arrived


After a twelve hour flight finally, Athens. Olympic Airlines didn't disapoint. I had low expectations and so it was. The only good thing this, the flight wasn't full so there was lots of room to stretch out. I scored a row of four seats and was able to stretch out and snooze most of the flight. The food was abysmal but the flight attendants were friendly, definitey a bonus. I guess since the airline has been sold everyone is worried about their jobs.


This is our new apartment. We have bought a two bedroom unit on the second floor. On a clear day you can see the Mediterranean.

For the moment it's fairly empty. We have a little fridge, a blow up bed and a couple of patio chairs. Of course I expect that to change fairly quickly. On Saturday I leave for Germany for one week and during that time my sweetie will get us a new fridge, a stove and a washing machine. There will also be some furniture from his late mother's home that we can have. When I return we will see what else needs to be bought. I think a trip to IKEA is in the cards.

It's kind of exciting furnishing another home. I think our plan for this apartment is to rent it out during some of the summer months to tourists. It would be a waste to have it empty ten months of the year.

I will not post from Germany since I'm not taking the laptop. I'm going to have enough trouble just taking me...

5 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

I'm so glad you had a relatively decent flight. Have fun with your new apartment, and hey Rositta, have a good time in Germany. You deserve it after the year you've had.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Happy you got there OK and that you had an entire row of seats to yourself. WOW. I can't remember the last time I flew when the plane wasn't completely full.

Your apartment looks lovely. It is exciting buying new furniture and getting it all just the way you want it.

How is your foot doing. Can you believe I stubbed mine and broke two toes in the process? Jesus, broke toes hurt like heck. I have thought about you a lot and I cannot even imagine how bad that surgery recovery must have been. I couldn't even walk for the first few days. I also dislocated the toes but I opted out of surgery. They can just heal all crooked.

have a great vacation!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

The description of the view sounds like it will make for an enjoyable place. I hope you have a great time in Germany.

Cathy, dang, I'm sorry to hear about the fractures. I hope you've got it splinted good. Hope you feel better from it soon.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Rudee, as I discovered yesterday walking is still difficult. It hurts a lot and the sidewalks are fairly uneven here. I plan to have a good time, if nothing else lots of good Rhine wine will be consumed.
Cathy I think knowing what I know now I would have had my foot fixed as soon as it happened. It was a lot worse after the fact and I still can't put shoes on.
Chrysalis, when I have a clear day I will take a better photo, it really is quite lovely.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

You're new apartment looks beautiful. Have fun furnishing it!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home