The View From Here

Monday, March 22, 2010

Fate

It didn't happen this morning as planned, I still am in possession of my cataract. I was just too sick and coughing too much to have this surgery. Just the image of the doc cutting my eyeball when I have a coughing fit was enough to send me to the phone at 6AM this morning to cancel. He was not impressed. The new date is May 10th, six more weeks of waiting.

My doctors office offers a walk in clinic on weekends and I availed myself of that service yesterday. Steve on the other hand wanted to take me to the ER. I saw no point in waiting 6 hours plus in an ER when a family doctor would do. Less than hour later I was out the door with antibiotic and a codeine syrup for the cough. I am starting to feel better now.

I am not totally upset at how this all played out. I had misgivings about having this second eye done when the first eye is still not working well. I would like to at least have one eye that works well. I spoke with the doc's nurse and told her that I wanted my first eye fixed before I do anything else. I see the doc next week and I promise not to let me sweet talk me into waiting. I'm tired of the "trust me" thing, really really tired. Fix my eye and then I'll trust you, is what I'm going to tell him.

Fate handed me a chance to explore other options and I'm going to take it...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

I hope you're feeling better. Do you have another choice of eye surgeons, or is this it for you? Hopefully, he'll fix that first eye. I completely understand that you want that one right before the second one is started.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I would have to come to the U.S. to have more choices. Maybe that's an option...

11:57 AM  
Blogger swenglishexpat said...

Isn't that just typical! After having waited anxiously for the surgery day, you had to ring in and cancel. And I agree, they have to earn your trust!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

As it turns out I have bronchial pneumonia. Darned if I know where that came from. Next surgery date, wait for it...May 10th.

1:19 PM  
Blogger StorytellERdoc said...

Hope you are feeling better, Rositta, and sending you some good energy that your complications get straightened out!
Jim

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home