Peace and Tranquility
Today I needed to go to small town of Haliburton to stock up on groceries and make a trip to the local dump. The town was filled with city people enjoying the wonderful atmosphere of small town Ontario with a few exceptions. As I was walking up Main Street, yup it's really called that, I was startled to hear a honking car horn. Not just honking, but the driver had her hand on the horn non stop. A quick glance at the license plate showed it to be famfun. Kind of weird I thought that someone with that plate would so easily loose their patience, I mean even in the worst traffic jam I've ever seen on that street you can get from one end to the other in 10 minutes, 2 if all is clear. The reason for this persons impatience was someone trying to cross the street on a courtesy crosswalk. I thought, they really need to go back to the big city, they don't belong here.
One of the reasons for coming to cottage country I thought, was to chill out and leave the city stressed behind and if you cant do that, hell stay home.
We are getting ready to go home also, the week has passed too quickly and I have yet to get a decent photo of my hummingbirds. But I will, I'm determine that tomorrow I will sit on the deck for however long it takes to get a good photo.
I haven't even left here yet and am already looking forward to the next time now that all problems have been solved.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home