Nice New Grocery Bags

Ontario is asking it's citizens to stop using plastic grocery bags to help save the environment. These bags that I bought today are one step up from the old cloth bags, of which I have at least 20 and when they get dirty they look pretty ratty. Even washing them doesn't help the cause, they look even worse.
Then there were the large plastic bags being offered by some grocery stores which weren't bad if you didn't fill them up. They could hold 22 kilos of good, that's over 45 pounds. Who the heck can carry that? Not me, that's for sure.
This latest bag from Loblaws is pretty cool. They label it Canada's Greenest Shopping Bag and is made with 85 percent post consumer recycled plastic. There's just one thing wrong with it, it's made in China. That's the country that pollutes with wild abandon... Too bad, I won't be buying any more, I quite liked it too.





3 Comments:
our province here is also getting into the whole "stop using plastic bags" also. i have been seeing all the different cloth/reusable bags and decided to go with the ones at Sobeys. they are the larger one and just need a wipe to clean them since they are a coated material. if you tear or they get worn Sobeys will replace them for free. that was my selling point. they fact they are big worried me also and the weight being put in them. in that case..i ask them to bag them lighter and they do it for me no problem. i didnt get the ones at superstore only because they were smaller and didnt stand on their own. i guess we all have our preferrences.
so other then trading in our large ford minivan last year for a small pontiac wave with great gas mileage and takes half (if not less) then we used to use in gas. we now are cutting back on the plastic bags.
hope your foot is healing well.
hugs
I can't trade in the mini van just yet since I bought it specifically when Mom moved in to transport her walker. With my car (which I loved) we were unable to travel to the cottage with Mom. Hard decision, but one I can't change right now. My foot is actually worse, the bruising is gone but it's swollen and I can't step on it, I think I broke something...ciao
i love those bags! We need more here but silly enough they have banned some of them from getting into BC! Can you believe that!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home