Things Are Looking Up - Sort Of!
It it wasn't for the sore foot things would be almost perfect. The basement is dry, the carpet tiles are back in place and I was able to get a new telescopic clothesline today (they are hard to come by). This picture is two days after the event and it's coloring up pretty nicely. It's a bitch to walk though and considering that I am walking almost a mile a day (I have a pedometer) just to get to my mother's room twice a day, it's pretty sore. My fybromyalgia has also flared up so I'm finding myself incredibly fatigued and needing more sleep. I guess I'm not surprised after a month of twice daily hospital trips. Hopefully I can cut that down to once a day now.

Mom is settled in rehab and we met with the team on Friday. They all appear to be very nice and caring but I reserve judgement for the time being. I don't really trust anyone in that hospital at the moment after what we went through. The only thing that still bugs me is that she still hasn't been showered. I was told that government standard is one day a week. I don't know if I'm just being fussy but it seems to me that one shower a week almost brings us back to the dark ages.
This is Elliotte helping Dad out at work. He's trying to get his townhouse ready for market and thought he'd bring her along to help, ya right. More of a distraction I'd say. I just he's just so enamoured of this little girl he can't stand to be away from her. He assured me she was very safe and there was no dirt or dust around.

Labels: Family





3 Comments:
Oh - that looks safe!
And thanks for your Joni comment - you're lucky to have seen in in the coffee shops when she was starting out ... I've only seen her once.
Ouch!
Sorry to hear that things haven't been great (to say the least). But you did hvae that adorable little girl to gaze at. She looks as good as gold (literally!).
Here's hoping that this week gets better.
oh my gosh your poor foot! please take care of yourself and get it better. OUCHIE!
hugs to you
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home