Sadness And Excitement
I'm both sad and excited at the same time, how can that be? I'm sad that we had to close the cabin for the winter, I'm sad that Greece is burning but I am excited to be going there, to see my Mother-In-Law again after almost ten years and to meet up with new friends.
My last look at Miskwabi Lake until next year...

We drove up Sunday morning, a bright, sunny, brilliant day. I spent some time cleaning my pottery studio and with some luck it will be in full operation next summer. I was planning to open it this year but with my Mom getting sick and passing away in May, my desire waned. Next summer will be different...
This was taken a few summers ago when the studio was in full operation and I lived in that cabin for five months, without running water I might add.

And this is now...very sad and neglected...

If anyone is interested and is a new reader I did a series on how I came to be a potter and why. You will find the story by following the links.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
The End
Don't feel you have to read it, but I thought I'd link it because it seems I have a lot of new readers and this is probably the best way to get to know me.
After all the cleaning and packing was done this is what I saw from the deck. I sure wishes I had a better camera at that moment...

I know, it's just a boring moon that wasn't even quite full but standing there watching it through the trees I wondered just how many people in the world were looking at that very same moon at the very same time...
And last but not least, one of the friends who comes to visit quite regularly very early in the mornings and again just before dusk...





3 Comments:
what a lovely place... enjoy greece.
smiles, bee
Beautiful pictures Rositta, I just love that one of the deer. It will be great to see more photos once you return from Greece.
I'm glad you put those links up to your older posts on pottery. Beautiful work Rositta. I loved the display. What a great hubby to do all that he has. Now is your time Rositta - you deserve this trip to Greece, enjoy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home