The View From Here

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Who Left This Baby To Die?

Who is this baby? Who left her to die?

Someone tossed this baby girl into a stairwell in -20 weather yesterday. She was within hours of dying if a passerby hadn't heard her wimper. No one has come forward to identify this about 8 month old baby. Every time I see her picture on television I get tears in my eyes. I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can throw this beautiful baby away.

I hope they find whoever did this and prosecute to the fullest extent of our wimpy laws...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god. This breaks my heart. Why why . I just don't understand people sometimes.

I have a personal connection to adoption and I hope with all my heart that she finds the family she deserves and has the opportunity to live the life she deserves.

As useless as this is perhaps, I will be thinking of her and wishing her the best future possible.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Spicy said...

Perhaps the mother did this child a favor. That baby deserves to be loved and wanted. It is so sad..but we live in a throw-away society where kids don't count. What a beautiful child...I wish her a good life.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I think if a mother did this she deserves no sympathy. From the way it has been described and from the injuries on the baby she was "tossed" into the freezing stairwell of an outside garage. There are better ways to give up a child one doesn't want or can't care for. I would take this one in a heartbeat, bad health and all and take care of her...ciao

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horrid, just horrid. I'm looking at my almost six-month old granddaughter who is sleeping in her stroller next to me and try to imagine what could a mother possibly possess to THROW away a sweet baby like that. It boggles the imagination.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

I'm with you on this Rositta. At least take the baby to the nearest hospital and hand her to someone. Horrible.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Still no news on the parents. They say this baby can't smile yet, she must have been terribly abused grrr.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home