The View From Here

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Am Alive

Yes truly, I am here and still kicking. I just don't feel much like blogging these days. This month my blog has been around for four years. I'm having a relapse of fybromyalgia and I feel like poop. I guess I've been lucky since it's been well over a year since I've felt this way. My foot is also giving me some grief and I'm kind of housebound. I did see my hip surgeon last week and he suggested that my hip could wait a couple of years. I suspect that it has something to do with our waiting lists.

In less than a month we will on the move again. I know I said I was tired of flying and I am but we are going to Calgary to spend Christmas with the offspring and family. Ideally if I had a choice I'd be heading to Cuba instead, somewhere warmer than Calgary in winter, but what the heck...it's family.

I don't know when I'll be back but assuredly I will be following all my favourite blogs and commenting...ciao

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i'm hoping you feel better and have fun on your trip. family is everything...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

10:13 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Hmmm. Can you get your Vitamin D levels checked? There is a strong link between fibromyalgia and Vit. D deficiency. Who knew?

Feel better--and don't be a stranger.

2:15 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Oh dear, Rositta. Life is not treating you well at the moment. I hope you feel better soon and I am sure you will enjoy your Christmas, even if it is in Calgary. Family after all.

4:17 PM  
Blogger StorytellERdoc said...

I hope you are feeling better...being with family does wonders.

Thanks for your comment on my site...sorry you haven't run into too many compassionate docs. Don't give up though, they are out there, I promise.

I help run an EM Residency where I work and I am the guy that makes sure their compassion improves with their other medical skills. Who wants a dud for a doctor, or better yet, an ass!

Happy tday to you. thanks again for the comment.

1:34 AM  
Anonymous This Eclectic Life said...

Cuba would be nice, but family is always good. Hope your fibromyalgia eases up ... that's never any fun! Don't feel guilty about not blogging. Girls do what they have to do :-)
Wishing you and yours a happy holiday! I know you have already done Thanksgiving, so consider it belated Thanksgiving wishes or early Christmas.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

just enjoy your holiday, rositta. we all have to grab those moments when we can. best to you, happy holidays.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Shimmerrings said...

Sorry you haven't been well, Rosita. Hope you will be feeling much better, very soon. Rosita, do you know what happened to Matty from Running On Empty? I've wondered how things went with her grandson, but haven't heard a beep in over a year.

Happy Holidays!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Shimmerings, I haven't hears from Matti either in a long time...so Matti if you are reading my Blog let us know how you are...

7:34 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Well I hope you don't stay away to long but I understand. Sorry to hear your fibro is flaring up...ouch...as for you hip....the length of time could be due to the wait list but you are young and ortho surgeons try and put off hip replacements as long as possible for a variety of reasons..if you can still manage with out surgery that is a far better way to go....

As for Calgary at Christmas...at least you will have the Rockies to look at...and who knows maybe you will be able to go to Banff for a day trip...Calgary has been pretty mild so far for this time of year..so who knows what the weather will be like....

Take care!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi MaryAnne, my left hip was already replaced four years ago and now that the right one hurts so much I'm actually stressing the other one too much. That in my mind means it will wear out faster. I don't think I'll last a year truthfully, I had one cortisone shot and it's worn off. I am looking forward to Calgary just not the flight with Air Canada...

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home