The View From Here

Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Elliotte

Today my fourth grandchild Elliotte is celebrating her second birthday.

elliotte  in popsickle


She was born about three weeks before my Mom died in May of 2007. Every day I brought new pictures of Elliottte to the hospital hoping that Mom would rally. Two of my three grandsons came from Calgary and sat with her around the clock. She would have loved this little girl. She reminds me of my Mom every time I look at her, I think it's her smile.

Happy Birthday darling girl, your proud and loving grandmother.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

she's a beauty allright!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

11:05 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Happy Birthday Elliotte! She is so pretty and has the cutest smile!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday to your grand daughter! She is adorable!!

1:56 AM  
Blogger swenglishexpat said...

I am sorry to read about your mother-in-law, but this little girl has, in a way, replaced your mother and her smile. In my own mind my granddaughter "took over" from my dad.

BTW that Antwerp station performance nearly made me cry with joy!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

She's a real sweetie too, the happiest little girl.
That video of Antwerp was somewhat staged, for a commercial I think, but it was wonderful to watch ordinary people get in on it. Very joyful...

1:40 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Oh I'm late for the birthday wishes but she is one adorable girl :)

12:04 PM  
Blogger SeaSpray said...

Oh she's precious Rositta.

It was sweet of you to do that for your mom.

Thinking of you. :)

3:46 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

Does she happen to be wearing things that grandma knit her?

2:50 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Yup Kat, I dyed and knit it myself.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home