The View From Here

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Can I See ?

Not just yet, at least not clearly. I went into this surgery a little on the negative side thinking that if it went well I'd be happy and if it didn't, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Last Wednesday was a bit of a blur. I hate hospitals generally having spent way more time in them than most people my age. Some are better than others and this one was pretty good. When I arrived I was treated kindly which in itself is a treat. I was given a gown and then seated in a pretty comfortable recliner and covered with a warmed blanket, wow.

The anesthesiologist arrived to get the IV line started and shortly afterward the doctor arrived to discuss the procedure and make a mark over my right eye. I walked into the OR hopped onto the table and again was covered with a nice warm blanket. They hooked me up to various monitors and that's the last thing I remember other than a slight pressure on my eye when I woke up.

Forty five minutes later my husband was able to take me home. I had to go back the next day to take the patch off and the doctor told me he considers the operation a success. Still blurry though, how come? Well says he, the healing process is about six to eight weeks and he truly thinks my vision will come back. He also said I can drive whenever I feel like and I'm going to have to on Tuesday when I go back for another checkup. No flying for a while though so sorry offspring, I won't be coming to Calgary for a little while.

I keep checking my eye from time to time and I do think it's better than it was before so maybe it was a success. For the time being there is no knitting, very little reading and hardly any computer stuff. I allow myself about half hour a day in 10 minute increments. Not really enough time to visit all my friends but I'm sure you all understand...I hope.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

Too bad it's not immediate like lasik. I hope you're better soon.

1:12 PM  
Blogger flydragon said...

Well, it sounds like things are looking up a bit, no pun intended. (well maybe a little pun intended). Glad you're feeling a little better!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wonderful news. you'll be back to your feisty self in no time, i just know it!!!

hugs, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

4:10 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

That sounds like a not too bad experience! I'm sure soon you'll be seeing crystal clear. The miracles of science :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger swenglishexpat said...

Just look after yourself.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Voyager said...

Hi, I stumbled on your site from somewhere, glad I tripped in. I have been browsing some of your archived posts with pleasure. I too am a middle aged broad who has had too many surgeries. I hope you have recovered from yours and that your vision improves.
V.

1:13 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Best wishes for your eye surgery to be a total success.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Not sure why I didn't know you had this blog. I usually visit your other one. Anyway....so happy all went well and hopefully you will see like new soon!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Rudee, I inquired about lasik last summer before going to Greece. It was more money than I had to spend so I didn't do it. It wouldn't have solved this issue though, this wasn't done with laser.
flydragon, yes things are looking up, he he.
Ms. Bee, I always use my 10 minutes to visit your blog.
Devil Mood, crystal clear might be too much to hope for but at least something that can be corrected with lenses after I heal will be good.
swenglish...taking good care of me is definitely on the agenda, of course hubby is helping out with that.
Voyager, thanks for visiting...stay tuned, more surgeries in the future, grrr
Meggie, thanks for visiting and welcome.
Brenda, yup I have two blogs. I split them a couple of years ago. I found knitting friends mostly didn't care about my rants. Seems to work for Rudee though...

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home