The View From Here

Monday, April 06, 2009

What The #&%@

And it ain't over yet... good thing the snow tires are still on my car. By morning we are meant to have 15 cm of this stuff. I almost took them off last week.

My MIL survived the surgery and is currently in a medically induced coma. My husband is so angry that the doctors did not come to talk to the family after the surgery so they no clue what's going on. The nurses also don't speak and if asked why they are doing something the response is "because we were told to". Different country, different customs and very scary.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

n snowed here a little in WC Ohio today. we are supposed to get more tonight and tomorrow. is this April?

As for your MIL i think it's terrible the Doctor didn't come talk to the family. I'm sorry, but I don't understand these customs. People are still human beings and should be treated like ones no matter where they are at. I would be hunting down that doctor.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Cathy, my husband is so frustrated. Here every doctor we've ever had contact with during all my surgeries all came to talk to him afterwards and reassure him. Steve says these doctors act like they are God, don't answer any questions and disappear after surgery. I don't think hunting him down is an option, not there...

7:42 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I forgot to ask my husband if they gave the doctor a good bribe... maybe that's why he didn't talk to them.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Yes enough with the white stuff already...mind you this past weekend although cool the sun was out and today I actually my sunroof open....very nice....

I am glad to hear your mother in law made it through the surgery. I can totally understand your frustration about not being kept informed..and yes you would also be right....different country different rules...

9:22 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Well, now you wait and see. I hope she is comfortable and able to be extubated soon. I can understand your husband's frustration with the surgeons. I feel sorry for the nurses who have to practice as hand maidens and aren't allowed to speak of what they know. It took years to be able to speak out here.

We had about 3 inches of incredibly wet and heavy snow here. The street was littered with street branches that broke from the weight of the snow. Stay snug.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I was thinking of all my nurse friends when I wrote that. We are used to nurses at least telling us what they are doing and why but in Greece they won't even do that. The waiting game starts.
It's still snowing here, yuck...

10:48 PM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

I'm so sorry for what you're going through right now. And the snow-- what's with that???

You're in my thoughts today,
Hugs,
Kim

6:06 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Kim, your Canadian you know we've rarely had an April without snow! None in Tirana I suspect. Yup things are pretty tense right now and it's really bad for my health. Trying to go with the flow.

10:56 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

Actually, you're also supposed to give separate bribes to the nurses or they might "forget" about you. Sad, but true.

K

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home