I'm Taking A Break
I need a little time before I can post again. I need to plan a funeral for my Mom and I'm doing so with a very heavy heart. I know many mistakes were made while she was in the care of hospital but there is very little I can or will do about it.
I have learned that the elderly are not valued greatly in our health care system, too many times I heard "but she's 84 and lived her life". Well no, she still had life left to live, and wanted to live.
My Mom died from hospital neglect....Rositta
Labels: Family





6 Comments:
That is really sad, and I've noticed that here. You literally need an additional nurse to help out because everyone is too overscheduled in the system right now...
Enjoy the photos and memories however and maybe you can help figure out how other elderly people won't be treated this way in the future!
I am going to make it my mission, politically by writing letters to every politician to ensure that elderly people are treated with more respect. I will one day write the whole story of the last 5 weeks, it's not pretty. There are nurses who should be ashamed to call themselves a nurse, they have no empathy, they just collect a paycheck, sad really.
Dear Ros ...
I just read your blog this morning, about your mother and her passing.
I'm sending peace your way and comfort and other thoughts too difficult to express in a note so brief.
I am so sorry to hear that this is what happened. When a little time has passed, I bet you will say what needs to be said. When things that are unjust happen, we need to stand up and be the voices of change. But now you need to mourn and be as peaceful as you can be.
Once again, I am so sorry, Rositta.
Rositta, you remain in my prayers!
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home